Mar 31, 2012 at 6:44pm #1952
If you’re in the market for a new mouse, I thought this list would come in super handy. While from early 2011, it details all mice still for sale that have flawless/perfect sensors. No positive or negative accel, no prediction/angle snapping, and no other reported widespread issues.
- Microsoft WMO 1.1 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
- Microsoft IMO 1.1 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
- Microsoft IME 3.0 (STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04).
- Razer Deathadder 3G with latest firmware (Avago ADNS-S3668).
- Razer Deathadder 3.5G with latest firmware (Avago ADNS-S3888).
- Razer Abyssus with latest firmware (Avago ADNS-S3888).
- Logitech G400 with PID above LZ13333 (Avago 3095)
Additionally, here are mice that have no prediction (or it can be disabled), but do have accel or other issues. Mice with prediction/angle snapping (e.g. Logitech MX518) have been left out entirely:
- Cooler Master Storm Spawn (Avago ADNS-3090). Jittering and high LoD fixed by firmwares 32, but have introduced some tracking issues with certain surfaces.
- Logitech G9 (Avago ADNS-6090). Skipping. Negative acceleration.
- Logitech G9x, Logitech G500 (Avago ADNS-S9500). Positive acceleration.
- Steelseries Xai, Steelseries WoW Cataclysm (Avago ADNS-A9500). Positive acceleration.
- ROCCAT Kone+ (Avago ADNS-9500). Positive acceleration.
- Mionix Naos 5000 (Avago ADNS-9500). Positive acceleration.
- Razer Mamba, Razer Naga, Razer Imperator, Razer Disney TRON (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032). Z-axis issue.
- Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 7, Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 9 (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032). Z-axis issue. Click bug?
- Razer Lachesis, Razer Orochi (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031). Z-axis issue.
- Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 5 (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031). Z-axis issue.
- Cooler Master Storm Inferno (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031). Z-axis issue.
- Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS BLACK (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2031). Z-axis issue.
- Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance (Philips Twin Eye PLN 2302). Z-axis issue. Click bug?Mar 31, 2012 at 7:52pm #1956
v3 4 life.Apr 1, 2012 at 11:21am #1966
Hmm.. Been using the G9 for years.. Probably just used to it.
Apparently after doing some reading it not only suffers Negative Acceleration, but also skipping..
Seems quite weird.. Turns out the old Microsoft stock $9 mouse is better…
I’ve also found out that moving at 2000mm/sec is where it occurs.. I’m going to have to do some testing now, not unless I just configured my mouse sens / dpi / refresh rate to such a value it doesn’t seem to make much difference to me.
Interesting article non the less. I like the idea of the Mechanical keyboard though!Apr 1, 2012 at 2:22pm #1967
Many people say it doesn’t make much difference, or they don’t notice it.
Yet I’m sure you’ve almost landed plenty of shots, felt you weighted and distanced the mouse across your pad well enough – yet you missed, ultimately because your cross-hair wasn’t placed quite where it needed to be.
Some people put it down to them not being good enough, but usually it’s the mouse.Apr 1, 2012 at 4:38pm #1968
So your saying I’m better, but my mouse is to blame … Cheers HAHAHAHAApr 1, 2012 at 6:47pm #1971
Mouse Accel is hardly an issue anymore. Plenty of players in the top20 of the world use Mouse Accel and even more use a mouse with hardware accel.Apr 1, 2012 at 7:03pm #1973
It’s as big of an issue as it has ever been – the problem hasn’t changed. Nor has the number of people dealing with it, nor the number of amazing players using hardware that exhibits these issues. Great players have and continue to do so.
But, just because a pro is using flawed hardware doesn’t mean you should. And you definitely shouldn’t think that because they do that it’s not an issue. It’s also worth mentioning that many of those are using the mice they are because of sponsorship arrangements etc.Apr 1, 2012 at 9:29pm #1975
Might buy a deathadder and give it a shot. I admit, i can notice the issue with the Lachesis in 1.6 more than source for some reason.
Its not unplayable, and you can still make snapshots – but its not a v3 thats for sure.
5 Years of MMO’s makes you lazy!Apr 3, 2012 at 7:40pm #2008
I was still using my steelseries Xai when CSGO beta started and then jumped to a deathadder and the comparison in the feel for me was noticeable
Apr 3, 2012 at 8:17pm #2015
- This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by feary.
Hmm.. Now I’m trying to find mice which don’t have issues but are not razor… I’ve had a couple in the past, drivers always game me the shits, and it just didn’t feel as comfortable as the logitech’s do..
Why did you have to show me this Jamie!.. lolApr 3, 2012 at 9:17pm #2017
New G400 will do the trick, Slain. Just make sure it’s PID LZ13 or newer.
Personally I’m going to try a switch from the G400 to a DeathAdder.Apr 3, 2012 at 9:38pm #2018
yer went into istar last night and played some 1.6, not sure what mouse it was but didnt feel like it had mouse accel, landed snap shots that you couldnt do with mouse accel on, actually have come to the conclusion that mouse accel is cheap, you sorta move into your shots instead of aiming, came to the conclusion that even though mouse accel was a nice change from the norm, you can just do so much more with it off.Apr 4, 2012 at 2:52pm #2033
I’ve been on a 1.1a for 4 years, recently switched to a CS Storm Spawn. Way more accurate. Doesn’t track on my black mouse pads though. I have to use my green Razer pad.Apr 4, 2012 at 3:04pm #2035
istar still exists?!Apr 4, 2012 at 3:07pm #2036
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.